The Department of Japanese Language and Culture (formerly the Department of Foreign Language and Culture, Eastern Language Division) was established in 1972. Our mission is to cultivate students in their learning and research of the Japanese language and literature, with equal importance placed on the foundation and application. There are five programs in the Department: the Undergraduate Program, Extension Education Undergraduate Program, Master’s Program, In-Service Master’s Program, and PhD Program – the only one in Taiwan. We have the highest quality of faculty and the most sufficient teaching and learning resources to provide the finest learning environment. We have 12 classes in the Undergraduate Program (3 class x 4 year scheme) and 10 under the Extension Education Undergraduate Program (2 class x 5 year scheme), with a total of 1,100 students. It has been 48 years since the establishment of the Department, and we have 6,000 alumni around the world.
◎Director’s Office: Waishuanxi Campus, 1st floor of the First Academic (R) Building, room 1018-1
- Department Office for Undergraduate and Extension Education Undergraduate Program students: Waishuanxi Campus, 1st floor of the First Academic (R) Building, room 1018 and room 1003
- Department Office for Master’s, On-the-job Graduate and PhD students: Waishuanxi Campus, 1st floor of the First Academic (R) Building, room 1002
- Undergraduate Office：(02)2881-9471 ext.6522～6525
- Extension Education Undergraduate Office：(02)2881-9471 ext.6526
- Master, On-the-job Graduate and PhD Program Office：(02)2881-9471 ext.6532