Call for Papers
The School of Foreign Languages and Cultures of Soochow University is soliciting submissions for Soochow Journal of Foreign Languages and Cultures.
1. Soochow Journal of Foreign Languages and Cultures is a refereed journal publishing scholarly papers on literature, linguistics, culture, and language instruction related to English, German or Japanese.
2. Manuscripts may be submitted in Chinese, English, German, or Japanese.
3. The Journal is published biannually (in March and September).
4. The Uniform Style Sheet can be downloaded from the Web page http://www.scu.edu.tw/foreign or requested by the telephone.
5. The submission should be accompanied by
(1) name of contributor both in Chinese and in romanized spelling, professional affiliation, current position, mailing address, home telephone numbers, and e-mail address
(2) three printout copies of the manuscript
(3) abstracts of no more than 300 words in both Chinese and English, and a list of keywords (not exceeding six) in the language of the paper. If the paper is written in German or Japanese, an additional abstract in that language should also be included.
Starting from Issue 32, those who submit papers are required to include NT$2,000 to pay for the fees of two reviewers for any paper that has been approved at the preliminary stage. A formal notice regarding this fee will be sent to those submitting papers. Such persons are required to submit the fee either in person or through registered mail upon receiving the notice.
6. Manuscripts are accepted for review on the understanding that the same work has not been published nor is presently submitted for publication elsewhere. Moreover, chapters of a master thesis or Ph. D. dissertation and translated works will not be accepted.
7. The submission must be received by 5:00 P. M., September 30 in the preceding year in order to be published for the March issue, by 5:00 P. M., March 31 for the September issue.
8. Prior to publication, all the submitted papers will be sent to outside reviewers to be evaluated through an anonymous refereeing process.
9. If delays occur in the refereeing process or publication process, the accepted paper will be published in the issue following the one wherein it is initially scheduled to appear.
10. Upon acceptance, a notification will be sent to the contributor. The contributor will be requested to submit a disk or electronic version of the revised manuscript within seven days of receipt. The contributor may submit a CD-ROM version, or an electronic version of the revised manuscript in Microsoft Word format.
11. For the March issue, the time for the first copyediting and proofreading is during the last ten days of January, the second during the first ten days of February.
12. For the September issue, the time for the first copyediting and proofreading is during the last ten days of July, the second during the first ten days of August.
13. Authors of published papers will receive 20 off prints of the paper and two copies of the Journal in which the paper appeared. Starting from Issue 41, the journal will be published on CD-ROM, and authors of published papers will receive 5 disks containing copies of the issue in which their paper appeared. Authors will not receive any payment or fee for their submissions.
14. The assignment of copyright and copyright authorization will be conducted in accordance with the University regulations.
Contributions must be sent to 70 Linxi Road, Shilin District Taipei 111, Taiwan, R.O.C.
「The Editorial Board of Soochow Journal of Foreign Languages and Cultures」 School of Foreign Languages and Cultures, Soochow University
Telephone: +886-2-2881 9471, Ext. 6452 E-mail: email@example.com
|Goto Top |