In today’s highly competitive and information explosive market, one needs to possess both a broad knowledge of business and enough ability to apply mathematical models to make spontaneous, precise and effective business decisions. The teaching mission of the department of Business Mathematics is to cultivate outstanding decision-makers with logical and rigorous thinking and executive ability. Students are expected to have acquired the followings upon graduation:
- sound understanding of and the skill to apply analytical and quantitative methods in mathematics, statistics and data analysis
- proficient skill in computer programming
- general understanding of business practices
- basic knowledge of financial engineering principles and practices
- basic knowledge of insurance and actuary theories and practices.