1.Undergraduate students are admitted into the program through three different tracks: recommendation (personal and star applications), national exam, and transfer exam.
2.Master Program Admission: Recommendation Track (8 placements), held every November or December:
A.First round: paper exams on English (40%) and political science (65%)
B.Second round: applicants who passed the exams will be selected for interviews.
Grades from the first and second rounds of the application process are each 50% of the total grade.
3.Masters Entrance Exam (16 placements), held every February or March:
Subjects covered include English, political science, and English proficiency in political science. English grade constitutes 20% of the final mark, while the rest of the subjects constitute 80%.
4.Doctoral Entrance Exam (3 placements)
- The exam consists of 3 components: document application, exam, and interview, all of which are evaluated by the University’s Admissions Committee.
- Document application constitutes 25% of the final mark, while exam and interview each constitute 40% and 35%.
- Document application: masters’ thesis and other relevant academic publications (15%), research proposal (10%)
- Exam: professional English (15%). Selective exam subjects, choose one of the following: political thought, comparative government and politics, international relations, and administrative studies (25%).
- Interview (35%).
5.Application and Admission for International Students
Considering the evolution of global political picture and the democratic development in Taiwan, the Department looks for international students who are deeply engaged in social issues or political theories. The Department welcomes undergraduate, masters, and doctoral applications from all international students who are interested in political science subjects such as political thought, comparative politics, public administration, and international relations. For more information on admissions and application, please see:
To further collaboration between the Department and overseas institutions, the Department does offer student exchange opportunities to undergraduate, masters, and doctoral students from overseas schools that have signed student exchange agreements with the University. The duration of exchange is either one semester or one academic year. For application deadline, number of placements, and relevant rules, please refer to the University’s International Affairs Center and Cross-Strait Center at: http://test.dtell.com.tw/intl/eng/exc-s.php。
7.Out-of-Region Students without Aid
"Out-of-Region Students without aid” are undergraduate and master students from schools that have signed student exchange agreements with the University. The duration of exchange is one semester. Content of study will follow the curriculum assigned by the Department. Certificates of credits will be issued at the end of the study. For application deadline, number of placements, and relevant rules, please refer to the University’s Continuing Education Center: