SU is deploying secure wireless network, available to students, faculty, staff and administrators. We build IEEE802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wave 1 wireless network service, which requires SSID, Security Type, Security key, SU E-mail account/password or E-campus account/password authentication.
To using this service, user should get the following things ready before you start using the SU wireless service:
- Any mobile equipment (e.g., Notebook PCs, PDAs, mobile phones, PAD, etc.) with wireless network interface card supporting 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wave 1 standards.
- Setting up your mobile device by entering the correct SSID, Security Type and Security key. You may follow the standard setting-up procedures list below to visit FAQ of Wireless(Chinese version) for Details.
- Having your SU E-mail account/password or E-campus account/password ready.
Standard Setting-up Procedures
- Install driver for your wireless network card and test it to ensure it is functional.
- The SSID setting :
Network Name(SSID) SCU WiFi New SCU 802.1X Security Type WPA2-PSK(AES) WPA2(AES) Security key soochowU User Name/Password SU E-mail account/password or
- Network setting's TCP/IP property should be set to [Obtain an IP
- Save the above configure and reboot your mobile device.
- Open the browser with any URL (http only not https), the browser will automatically redirect to the SU internet account log-in page and ask you for account ID and password.
- Enter the same account ID and password as the ones for your SU E-mail account /password or E-campus account /password.
- After the content of the URL you want to visit comes up with a pop-up logout window, you are connected the SU wireless service.
- You may quit from the service by click the pop-up logout window or just enter the URL http://www.scu.edu.tw/network/logout/.
802.1x service Note:
- SU provides 802.1x service in the following OS:
- Apple ios 9.3 or older version
- Mac OS X 10.10.5 or older version
- Android 5.0 or older version
- Windows 10 with patch15.11 installed or older version
» Please obtain the latest update info by visiting the web page(chinese version).
- As long as the 802.1x service has been set up, your E-campus account/password will be kept on the device and authenticated automatically.Please do not using this service on any shared device
The Wireless LAN Coverage Map
- Waishuangsi Campus
- Downtown Campus
- Using the E-mail account/password or E-campus account/password to access this service.
- Users are expected to follow the rules of Conduct for Using TANet and Using SU Campus Network while using the wireless system.
- If you encounter any problem while setting up or using the wireless service, please call for assistance at 23111531 ext. 2683, 28819471 ext. 5304 or email us.